A vacuum cleaner may seem expensive in comparison to other cleaning tools, but there are best value models under one hundred dollars that you can consider.
What should mainly concern you when choosing vacuums under $100, is whether or not they meet the requirements of your application.
The possibility of you coming across a model that is cheap and poorly designed is high.
But! There are still many brands that have a reputation of producing some of the finest vacuums under one hundred dollars, such as Nequare, VacLife, Moosoo, Bissell, Shark, Dyson, Dewalt, Eureka, and Oreck.
So, in our top twenty selections, we have taken into account all the quality features you would want the best vacuum under 100 to have.
Nequare Stick Vacuum Cleaner is our top pick for this roundup and the bestseller. This 5-in-1 stick vacuum is reasonably priced at approximately $60, and it sports high-quality features and performance for the money.
- Top 20 Vacuums Under 100
- Nequare Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best Overall
- VacLife Handheld Vacuum – Best Hand Vac
- Meiyou Portable Handheld Vacuum – Best Value Hand Vac
- Moosoo Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Most Versatile Brush Head
- Bissell Cleanview Bagless Vacuum Cleaner – Best Upright Design
- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Vacuum – Best Ergonomic Hand Vac
- GeeMo Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best for Pet Hair Cleaning
- Barsetto Cordless Vacuum Cleaner – Best 2-in-1 Model
- Aposen Cordless Vacuum Cleaner – Best Digital Motor
- Elezon E600 Vacuum Cleaner – Best Three-Stage Filtration
- Dewalt DCV517B Portable Wet/Dry Vacuum – Best Value Wet/Dry Model
- Bissell Hard Floor Expert Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best for Cleaning Hard Floors
- Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum – Best Bagged Canister Model
- Shark Pet Perfect II Hand Vacuum – Best Hand Vac for Hard Floor and Carpet
- Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind Canister Vacuum – Best Canister Model
- Oreck Commercial XL Pro 5 Canister Vacuum – Best for Hard to Reach Areas
- Eureka Power Speed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Largest Dust Cup Capacity
- Hoover Wind Tunnel Bagless Vacuum Cleaner – Best for Deep Pile Carpets
- Black+Decker Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum – Most Portable Vac
- OKP Corded Vacuum Cleaner – Most Ergonomic Design
- Buying Guide: Things to Look for When Looking for a Vacuum under $100
- Final Thoughts
Top 20 Vacuums Under 100
Nequare Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best Overall
The Nequare Stick Vacuum Cleaner is designed to do one thing, make cleaning easy.
It is a 5-in-1 design that quickly converts into a handheld powerful suction.
- 5-in-1 design
- 600-watt power motor
- H9 high-level HEPA filter
- 17-foot power cord
- Lightweight and easy to maintain
This is a highly versatile stick vacuum cleaner that converts into a handheld device, which is great because you can attach it to a stretchable hose, long crevice nozzle, or a dusting brush.
It is powered by a strong 600-watt motor that is capable of generating up to 16Kpa suction for quick and effective cleaning of floors and carpets.
You will appreciate the high-efficiency filtration system, which does a great job of trapping dust particles and prevent them from being released back into the air.
The next best thing about this model is the seventeen-foot power cord, which is generously long for improved surface and overhead coverage.
But the thing is, the handle tends to get hotter when the vacuum is used over a long period.
- Lightweight and extremely easy to carry around
- It transforms easily into a handheld cleaner
- Long crevice nozzle reaches into tight and narrow spaces
- Swiveling brush head reaches under furniture easily
- The HEPA filter is washable and replaceable
- Handle gets hotter with extended use
- Could be better with a larger dust cup capacity
If you are looking for a lightweight stick vacuum that has the best value for cleaning upholstery, crevices, and small floor pick up jobs, look no further than the Nequare Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
VacLife Handheld Vacuum – Best Hand Vac
If you are looking for the best cordless hand vac for quick cleanups and portable cleaning, the VacLife Handheld Vacuum is a great choice.
- High power motor with strong suction
- Up to 30 minutes of deep cleaning
- to 3 hours of fast charging
- LED lighting
- Comes with a crevice tool, brush tool, and extension soft hose
Instead of having to get a heavy vac out of the closet, you can quickly grab this lightweight and compact handheld vacuum for quick cleanups.
It has good suction for such a small wireless vacuum with a continuous runtime of up to thirty minutes on a single charge for quick cleaning of your car and home.
The vacuum features a stainless steel HEPA filter that does not only capture but also traps and prevents allergens from being released back into the air.
This amazing hand vac also comes equipped with inventive accessories, including an extension soft pipe, a crevice tool, and a brush tool for added versatility.
What we don’t like about this model; however, is the long charging time of two to three hours.
- Extremely lightweight, compact, and portable
- Delivers strong suction for spot and deep cleaning
- HEPA filtration helps to remove allergens
- Innovative attachments make cleaning much easier
- Easy to empty the canister with just a push of a button
- Takes a little bit longer for the battery to recharge
- Not suitable for general cleaning of the house
This cordless hand vac is lightweight, portable, and super easy to use out of the box. But it is just suitable for simple cleanups of your car and home.
Meiyou Portable Handheld Vacuum – Best Value Hand Vac
Don’t let its small size make you skeptical because the Meiyou Portable Handheld Vacuum boasts strong suction power for effective quick cleanups.
- Powered by a 14.8V li-ion battery
- Integrated LED light
- Ergonomic controls and handle design
- Reusable stainless steel HEPA filter
- Large dust cup capacity
This small hand vac delivers strong cyclonic suction that is capable of spot, deep and comprehensive leaning of hair, crumbs, sand, and small pebbles.
It is a 2-in-1 versatile unit that allows you to use a brush tool to clean debris and cobwebs or a crevice nozzle tool for getting into narrow gaps, corners, and slots.
The dustbin is integrated with a reusable stainless steel HEPA filter that is more than capable of trapping fine particles and allergens.
The rear part of the unit is fitted with an ergonomic handle for an easy gripping and easy-access power button and push and release button.
But here is the thing, the battery takes longer to recharge, around three to four hours.
- Cyclonic suction allows for effective cleaning
- Brush tool is good for cobweb and debris
- Crevice tool is good for narrow gaps, corners, and stairs
- Push and release button allows for quick dustbin removable
- Stainless steel HEPA filter is reusable
- Takes way too long for the battery to recharge
- It’s way too small for general household cleaning
If you are looking for a multipurpose cordless hand vac with a decent runtime, look no further than the Meiyou.
Moosoo Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Most Versatile Brush Head
Give your home a powerful clean with the 4-in-1 Moosoo Stick Vacuum Cleaner. This bagless model is lightweight, versatile, and powerful.
- 4-in-1 vacuum cleaner
- Four-stage filtration system
- Rotatable brush head and flexible joint
- Bagless vacuum cleaner
- Converts into a handheld unit
With a flexible joint and a rotatable brush head, this cleaner will go wherever you need it to go, whether it is under the sofa or beneath the table.
The multi-functional cleaner head deeply cleans and removes dust, pet hair, debris, and cereals from your carpets and hardwood floors.
You will love how it easily and quickly converts into a handheld unit, which you can attach a crevice nozzle for reaching tight spaces like the edges of a sofa or stairs.
You will also breathe easily with the washable high-efficiency filtration system and high-density HEPA filter that traps harmful micro-particles from the air.
But the thing is, the roller brush may stop spinning and start generating a strange noise.
- Changes easily into a cordless handheld vacuum
- The rotatable brush head is highly maneuverable
- Cyclone technology traps all allergens from breathing air
- The bagless design doesn’t require replacement bags
- Multi-functional brush head cleans dust, pet hair, debris, and cereals
- Roller brush may stop spinning
- The vacuum may generate strange noise
The Moosoo Stick Vacuum Cleaner can clean dust, pet hair, debris, and cereals. And its four-stage advanced filtration system will make sure you breathe easily.
Bissell Cleanview Bagless Vacuum Cleaner – Best Upright Design
The Bissell Cleanview is a highly versatile vacuum cleaner that features industry best one-pass technology and innovative brush design.
- OnePass technology
- Scatter free technology
- Strong multi-cyclonic system
- Convenient onboard storage
- A large capacity dirt tank
This unique upright vacuum is designed to remove embedded pet hair and dirt for deep cleaning of hardwood floors, hard surfaces, and carpets.
The Cleanview features OnePass technology, which is great because it provides strong non-stop suction that will trap almost any particle on its path with the first pass.
The multi-cyclonic suction not only traps but it also ensures that dirt doesn’t escape while maintaining extended performance with no loss of suction.
This amazing machine also comes with premium attachments that are designed to clean other surfaces, such as a crevice tool for narrow spaces and a turbo brush for furniture and stairs.
But it is possible to receive a model with a defective hose attachment that keeps detaching after a few passes.
- Suitable for pet hair removal
- Generates a strong non-stop suction for deep cleaning
- Removes and traps harmful allergens from the air
- The crevice tool gets into narrow spaces easily
- Large capacity dirt bin allows for continuous cleaning
- May come with a faulty hose attachment
- Quality control may be inconsistent from one model to another
If you are looking for a lightweight, easy to use, and portable design, look no further than the Bissell Cleanview Bagless Vacuum Cleaner.
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Vacuum – Best Ergonomic Hand Vac
Are you a pet parent in search of an ergonomically designed hand vac? The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Vacuum fits the description.
- Ergonomic handheld design
- 14V lithium-ion battery
- Triple level filtration system
- Motorized brush technology
- Upholstery and crevice nozzle tools
This model is uniquely designed with a power button (on/off) and a press and release button for detaching the canister from the motor unit.
The ergonomic handle design, grip material and handle length provide a strong and comfortable grip for consistent hand placement.
This cordless hand vac is powered by a 14V Li-ion battery, which is great because it provides a decent runtime of about fifteen to twenty minutes.
Another good thing that you will like about the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is the handful of accessories it comes with, including a motorized brush, crevice nozzle, and upholstery tool.
But the thing is, the battery takes a long period to charge, considering how quick it runs out of juice.
- Ergonomic design that’s easy to handle
- Has no problem removing embedded pet hair and dirt
- Gets into narrow and tight spaces with ease
- Suitable for cleaning sofas and other soft surfaces
- Emptying the canister is extremely easy
- Two to three hours is a long charging period
- Not a good option for general household cleaning
This is a pretty solid choice for pet parents and even car owners. Its cordless design is great for maneuverability as well as portability.
GeeMo Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best for Pet Hair Cleaning
The GeeMo Stick Vacuum Cleaner is the best model for pet hair cleaning. It sucks everything on hard surfaces, and even better on those lavish carpets.
- A strong suction of 17000PA
- A four-stage high-effective filtration system
- Rotatable brush head
- Adjustable extension tube
- One-touch empty dustbin
This machine has a heavy-duty motor that produces a strong suction of up to 17000pa for cleaning pet hair, pet food, scrap, and dust.
It features a four-stage high-effective filtration system, which is great because it is capable of capturing 99.99 percent of dust and locks it in the dustbin to prevent secondary pollution.
The rotatable brush head is attached to a flexible joint that allows for multi-angle rotation (ninety and one hundred and eighty degrees) for multi-barrier floor cleaning.
Another good thing about this model is the adjustable extension tube, which increases your coverage when cleaning larger floor spaces.
But the thing is, the dustbin needs frequent emptying since it has a limited capacity of only 1.2 liters.
- Easy transitions from hard surfaces to carpets
- Designed to grab pet hair and dirt from edges
- Cyclone filtration traps and locks dust in the bin
- It is adjustable for added versatility
- LED lighting improves visibility in dark spaces
- Dirt bin may require frequent emptying
- Doesn’t move smoothly on rugs
If you are a pet parent, you shouldn’t think twice about buying the GeeMo Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
Barsetto Cordless Vacuum Cleaner – Best 2-in-1 Model
The Barsetto is the best 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner you have been looking for, which has no problem picking up pet hair, embedded dirt, and debris.
- Converts easily into a handheld vacuum
- Multiple cleaning attachments
- Extra-large dust cup capacity
- Powerful LED lighting
- Wall mount base
This is a super lightweight vacuum that you can use to do all your above the floor cleaning or convert into a full-size upright vacuum.
The handle is highly ergonomic, which is great because it provides a strong and non-slip grip for consistent hand placement.
The Barsetto has a swiveling head that allows for micro turns when cleaning random messes and around corners and objects.
Another good feature that comes with this model is the extra-large dust cup that allows you to cover a large area in one cleaning session.
But here is the thing, the fibers on the spinning brush are a little bit hard, which isn’t very friendly on soft carpets.
- Transforms easily into a handheld unit
- First-rate pet hair and pet food remover
- Handy attachments for cleaning cobwebs
- Swiveling head maneuvers easily around corners
- Extra-large dust collecting capacity
- Spin brush fibers are a little bit hard
- Could be better with a higher suction power
This is a great vacuum for the money. The ergonomics are great, the dust cup is generously large, the chord is considerably long, and it comes with lots of attachments.
Aposen Cordless Vacuum Cleaner – Best Digital Motor
When it comes to multi-purpose use, the Aposen Cordless Vacuum is up for the challenge with its high performing digital motor.
- Multi-purpose cleaning
- High-efficiency cyclone technology
- Instant release high reach wand
- Convenient wall mount
- Digital brushless motor
The Aposen comes equipped with high-efficiency cyclone technology, which is great because it increases airflow to capture the finest dust particles.
What is truly impressive about this vacuum are the two different suction modes that allow you to choose the ideal suction level for the job.
The digital brushless motor allows full-width cleaning from one surface to another, and its high-quality filaments remove fine dust from hard floors.
There is no compromising reach because the cable, hose, and reengineered wand allow for a generous overhead coverage.
One of the most common complaints about this machine is that it is difficult to move on deep pile carpets.
- High-efficiency cyclone technology traps the finest particles
- The adjustable wand allows for height customization
- High-quality strands remove embedded fine dust on hard floors
- A generously long overhead reach
- Two suction modes for superior customization
- Tends to be difficult to move on deep pile carpets
- Not the easiest for picking large particles on hard floors
The Aposen Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is the best you could have ever wished for, but this machine isn’t the ideal choice for deep pile carpet cleaning.
Elezon E600 Vacuum Cleaner – Best Three-Stage Filtration
The Elezon E600 Vacuum features one of the industry’s most powerful motor that generates a strong suction for cleaning dust, debris, pet food, and pet litter.
- High power brushed motor
- Converts into a handheld unit
- 3-stage advanced filtration system
- Hygienic dustbin emptying
- Washable filters
This model is powered by a high performing brushed motor, which is great because it generates a strong suction for continuous cleaning of hair, dust, and debris among other things.
The full-size vacuum transforms into a handheld vac for portable cleaning using the crevice tool or the upholstery brush.
Thumbs up for the three-stage cyclone HEPA filtration system that ensures the finest dust particles are extracted from the atmosphere of your living room and trapped in the dustbin.
You will most certainly appreciate the ingeniously designed dustbin, considering how easy and hygienic it is to empty it with just one click.
This vacuum offers great suction for its size, but it may not give the most satisfying performance when cleaning pet hair from a carpet.
- It cleans simple messes faster and easier
- Crevice and brush nozzles give a good portable performance
- Cleans, captures, and traps dust from the air you breath
- Filters are washable and reusable
- Easy to empty the dustbin with just one click
- Not a great choice for removing pet hair from a carpet
- Could be more maneuverable with a slightly longer cord
This corded vacuum is built to deliver the most satisfying results, especially when leaning simple messes on bare floors. Not to mention that its handheld vac is remarkable.
Dewalt DCV517B Portable Wet/Dry Vacuum – Best Value Wet/Dry Model
If you are looking for the best value dry and wet portable vacuum cleaner, look no further than the Dewalt DCV517B. A great machine for general job site cleanup.
- Cordless wet/dry vacuum
- Powered by a 20V battery
- Features a HEPA filter system
- Half-gallon tank capacity
- Large on/off switch
You will love the portability of the Dewalt DCV517B because it is extremely easy to carry around and it doesn’t take a lot of space on a job site or in your garage.
What we truly find most impressive about this model in our opinion is that it is cordless as it can go just about anywhere for quick cleanups.
This model comes with a premium extendable rubber hose, which is great because it can extend to a considerable length to increase your reach.
The half-gallon tank capacity is sufficiently large for small messes, while the integrated HEPA filter ensures no allergens or fine dust get back into the air.
Our major disappointment is with the position of the on/off switch, under the handle is awkward and hard to reach.
- Very affordable wet/dry vacuum
- HEPA filter helps to clean the air of any allergens
- Integrated rubber hose is extendable for increased reach
- Sufficiently large dirt tank capacity
- Ergonomic handle design offers a strong grip
- On/off power button is awkwardly positioned
- No battery or charger included
The Dewalt DCV517B is a great choice for the money and one of the best options for job site or garage cleaning.
Bissell Hard Floor Expert Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best for Cleaning Hard Floors
The Bissell Hard Floor Expert’s V-shape technology will ensure that all debris and dust are eliminated from your hard floors with just a few passes.
- Lightweight and compact design
- V-shaped foot
- Swivel steering
- Easy to empty bagless design
- Cyclonic filtration system
The vacuum has a unique v-shaped foot, which is great because it sweeps dust and debris into the suction path for easy and effective cleaning.
The foot has a flexible joint and a swivel steering that allows you to maneuver around furniture and objects easily.
The cyclonic filtration system is exceptional because it ensures there is no loss of suction as the machine is filled with dust and it has low dust emissions.
The bagless dust cup is considerably spacious, and it is extremely easy to empty by simply detaching the cup from the machine.
But the v-shaped foot is great and absurd at the same time because it can take a lot of effort and time to clean along edges.
- Excellent for cleaning hard floors
- Lightweight, compact design is easy to bring upstairs
- The machine has no loss of suction
- Has low dust emissions
- The bagless dust cup is super easy to empty
- Hard to clean along edges with the v-shaped foot
- May not be suitable for general cleaning
The Bissell Hard Floor Expert provides you with an innovative way of cleaning hard floors. But it may not be the most ideal option for sweeping along edges.
Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum – Best Bagged Canister Model
Are you allergic to dust and have a hard time emptying those bagless vacuums? The solution lies with the Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum.
- Lightweight and portable design
- Powered by a ten-amp motor
- Dust bags are easy to empty or dispose
- Convenient blower port
- Extended reach of up to twenty feet
This vacuum has a versatile and innovative base cleaning nozzle, which you can use to clean dust and debris or you can attach the various cleaning heads that come with the unit.
The base cleaning nozzle attachment is also integrated with a slip ring that allows you to create variable suction, depending on what the needs are for your particular application.
The unit has onboard storage for a crevice tool (good for narrow spaces, corners, and stairs), and a combo dusting brush and upholstery tool.
You also get an extendable wand and a floor head cleaning tool, which converts the unit into a standup vacuum for wide floor coverage and overhead cleaning.
But here is the thing, the suction of this vacuum might not be enough for cleaning cereals.
- Base leaning nozzle attaches easily to other accessories
- Slip ring allows you to vary the suction effectively
- Onboard storage puts all accessories within reach
- Combo dusting brush and upholstery tool adds versatility
- Dust blower port makes it great for outdoor use
- May not be strong enough for picking cereals
- Should expect a higher maintenance cost due to replacement bags
The overall cleaning performance of this unit is very solid. But you should be concerned about the long-term maintenance cost due to replacement bags.
Shark Pet Perfect II Hand Vacuum – Best Hand Vac for Hard Floor and Carpet
The Shark Pet Perfect II has a slender tube-like, which makes it a great choice for reaching into narrow or tight spaces.
- Powerful 18V battery
- Detachable motorized brush
- Innovative attachments for added versatility
- Ergonomic handle design and controls
- Detachable, washable filter
If you have pets at home, you are going to love the roller brush attachment that is great for picking up pet hair off carpets and rugs.
This lightweight hand vac has strong suction for its size, which is capable of sucking animal hair, pet litter, dust, food particles, and even small debris.
If you are wondering how you will get the dirt out, it is actually very simple with just a push of a button to detach the dustbin compartment.
The ergonomic design places the power button within a thumb’s reach for easy operation and provides you with a comfortable grip for superior handling.
But we don’t like the fact that it comes with a basic filter and not a HEPA filter.
- Power button is within your thumb’s reach
- Contoured handle allows for superior maneuverability
- Push and release button allows for quick emptying of dustbin
- Brush roll attachment is great for pet hair removal
- Good suction power for its size
- Doesn’t come with a HEPA filter
- Replacement battery is very expensive
Overall this is a great hand vac for the money. Its brush roll attachment is very useful for pet hair removal. But the replacement battery is ridiculously expensive.
Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind Canister Vacuum – Best Canister Model
Are you looking for a heavy-duty vacuum for cleaning carpets and hard floors under 100 dollars? The Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind fits the description.
- Multi-surface cleaning
- Long telescopic metal wand
- Cyclone filtration system
- Washable components
- Automatic cord rewind
This is one of the easiest canister vacuums to assemble out of the box, thanks to its snap-fit accessories that will take you less time to set up.
Thumbs up for the integrated cyclone filtration system that features a high performing filter, dust separator, and dust cup for superior air filtration.
Once you are done cleaning, emptying the two-liter canister is easy, just unplug it from the main unit and press the release button on the side of the dust cup to empty the dirt.
It also comes with a suitably long sixteen-foot cord for a large reach of leaning and an auto cord rewind feature for neat storage.
But the thing is, it is possible to receive a model with missing parts. Also, it may not be the most suitable choice for pet hair removal.
- Snap-fit parts are easy to assemble
- Lightweight and portable canister vacuum
- All components in the dust cup are washable
- Smooth transition from hard floor to carpet cleaning
- Power cord is anti-tangling
- May come with missing parts or accessories
- Not the best choice for pet hair removal
The canister vacuum is lightweight, small, and extremely easy to maneuver. And its performance is good on both hard floors and carpets but may fail to pick animal hair.
Overall Rating: 4.4
Oreck Commercial XL Pro 5 Canister Vacuum – Best for Hard to Reach Areas
If you are looking for the perfect alternative to those heavy upright vacuums, the Oreck Commercial XL Pro 5 is a great option.
- Powerful high vortex motor
- Thirty-foot power cord
- Disposal bag and filter
- Ergonomic handle design
- A complete set of detailing tools
The four-amp two-stage motor on this model generates more power and vacuuming capability than a conventional single-stage motor.
This is a very lightweight and compact canister vacuum that can easily be carried around by its shoulder strap from one room to another.
In addition to the adjustable extension wand, the vacuum comes with a four-foot hose that extends your reach for overhead cleaning of vents and ceiling fans.
It comes with lots of accessories, including a crevice tool (narrow spaces), dusting brush (baseboards and hard surfaces), and upholstery tools (fabric, upholstery, and drapery).
Our only concern is the inconsistent quality control. The performance and durability of one model can differ from another.
- High-performance motor produces strong suction
- Lightweight, compact, and portable canister vac
- Briefcase style handle is very ergonomic
- Adjustable extension wand increases your overhead reach
- Handy accessories add versatility
- Quality control seems to be inconsistent
- Short hose length
Get the commercial-grade suction power with the XL Pro 5 Compact Canister. A great choice for cleaning hard to reach areas.
Eureka Power Speed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Largest Dust Cup Capacity
If you are looking for a value model that is lightweight, powerful, and capable of deep cleaning hard floors, rugs, and carpets, then look no further than the Eureka Power Speed.
- Extra-large dust cup capacity
- Five height adjustment settings
- Lightweight and compact
- Multi-surface cleaning
- Onboard storage
The vacuum has a lightweight and compact design, which is great because you can easily carry it around the house at ease for everyday use.
The machine comes with a unique turbo brush head that is convenient for vacuuming large areas of laminated and carpeted flooring.
This model has five height adjustment settings for multi-surface vacuuming.
You can effectively deep clean bare floors and carpets by simply adjusting the height.
There is an onboard storage system that puts every accessory within reach, including a turbo tool, crevice tool, dusting brush, upholstery tool, and a cleaning wand.
What you may not like; however, is the effort needed to push the cleaner against a thick pile carpet.
- Extremely powerful suction
- Large dustbin capacity extends cleaning period
- Doesn’t scatter debris and dust on hard floors
- Height adjustment allows for multi-surface cleaning
- Onboard storage puts all accessories within reach
- Not the easiest to push on thick pile carpets
- The hose tends to tangle easily
Eureka Power Speed is one of the most versatile vacuum cleaners for cleaning hard floors and light pile carpets. But it may not be the finest choice for vacuuming deep pile carpets.
Hoover Wind Tunnel Bagless Vacuum Cleaner – Best for Deep Pile Carpets
Whether it’s for deep cleaning carpets or floor rejuvenating projects, the Hoover Wind Tunnel Bagless Vacuum can handle the job.
- Deep pile carpet cleaning
- Scatter guard technology
- Multi-cyclonic filtration system
- Equipped for overhead cleaning
- Twelve feet extended reach
This is Hoover’s best cleaning bagless vacuum with all the powerful suction you need to keep up with life when you have kids and pets in the house.
Its wind tunnel technology is combined with a multi-cyclonic filtration system that captures as well as contains pet hair, dust, and dirt without loss of suction.
This vacuum cleaner is well-equipped for overhead and above-floor cleaning with the included hose, dusting brush, multi-purpose tool, and crevice tool.
Hoover recognizes that you have more than one type of flooring in your home; so, they equipped this machine with ergonomic controls for height adjustment on the brush roll.
But here is the thing, this vacuum cleaner is a little bit heavier.
- Easy to adjust the height on the brush roll
- Scatter guard prevents debris from spreading
- Multi-cyclonic filtration keeps dirt trapped
- The multi-purpose tool adds versatility
- Crevice tool gets into narrow and tight spaces easily
- It may be a little bit heavy for some users
- May come with missing parts and accessories
The Hoover Wind Tunnel Bagless Vacuum is a great choice for day-to-day maintenance, especially in a household with children and pets.
Black+Decker Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum – Most Portable Vac
The Black+Decker Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum is one of the most portable cleaners you can buy for your everyday cleanups.
- Super lightweight and compact
- Dustbowl capacity of thirteen ounces
- Crevice tool for narrow spaces
- Brush tool for upholstery
- Wide mouth design
This portable cordless vacuum is powered by a sixteen-volt battery, which is great because it offers a decent runtime of about ten minutes.
This model includes a handful of tools that are built directly on the vacuum itself.
The crevice tool is built into the main head and the dusting brush is on the underside.
What is really impressive about this hand vac is the rotating head, which can be rotated around to a side position for a different cleaning angle.
The handle is ergonomically designed for easy control and maneuverability, while the power button is within a thumb’s reach for quick on/off operation.
What is really disheartening about this model is the charge time (4 to 6 hours), which is pretty long.
- Extremely portable for anywhere cleaning
- Built-in crevice tool is extendable for increased reach
- Easy to flip-up the dusting brush for cleaning upholstery
- Rotating head allows you to adjust the cleaning angle
- Handle and control buttons are ergonomically designed
- Takes way too long to recharge the battery
- Too small for general household cleaning
Generally, the Black+Decker Dustbuster is a pretty resourceful cordless hand vacuum with decent overall cleaning performance.
OKP Corded Vacuum Cleaner – Most Ergonomic Design
The OKP Corded Vacuum makes it easy to tackle life’s everyday messes. A removable hand vac and a variety of tools get you to the mess.
- Suction power of up to 17KPa
- Anti-allergic and efficient filtration
- 17 to 28-inch adjustable tube
- Rotatable brush head and flexible joint
- 20-foot long power cord
This lightweight and compact stick vacuum boast smooth maneuverability around and under most furniture in your living room.
It may seem slim and compact, but the OKP vacuum packs sufficient suction power for cleaning pet hair, litters, and messes on tile, hardwood, and laminate floors.
This model comes with an adjustable/retractable tube, which is great because it allows you to adjust the height to clean hard to reach places.
Another good aspect of this model is the rotatable brush head that swivels one hundred and eighty degrees, allowing you to clean your floors in multiple directions.
But the thing is, its suctioning power and brush head design may not be suitable for cleaning deep pile carpets.
- Lightweight and easy to carry around the house
- A good choice for cleaning pet hair on hard floors
- The adjustable wand allows for easy height adjustment
- Rotatable brush head allows for swivel steering
- HEPA filtration removes all harmful particles from the air
- May not be suitable for cleaning deep pile carpets
- Dust cup capacity is limited
The OKP Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner is an innovative choice for quick cleanups of pet hair and messes, but may not be the best for deep cleaning.
Buying Guide: Things to Look for When Looking for a Vacuum under $100
If you haven’t found the best model under $100 for your application, you can continue the search on your own by taking into account the following considerations.
There are at least four types of vacuum cleaners that you can buy under one hundred, and they include the following:
These are usually the lightest and most portable vacuum cleaners on the market.
This type of vacuum has two main sections: the rear part that holds the motor, control buttons, and the handle, and the front part that is made up of the dust cup, filter, and vacuum nozzle.
A hand vac can generate a fairly powerful suction that is sufficient for quick cleanups of everyday messes around the house and in the car.
But, we don’t recommend these vacs for general household cleaning.
Apart from their extreme portability, most handheld vacuums are priced under $50.
Stick Vacuum Cleaners
These cleaning machines have a slender design that resembles a stick.
The design includes three parts: the main unit that is made up of the motor, control buttons, and handle, the wand with the vacuum nozzle, and the various cleaning head attachments.
The most popular attachments are:
- Motorized brush head
- Crevice nozzle tool
- Soft dusting brush
- Upholstery tool
Unlike handheld vacuums, stick vacs can be used for a wide variety of household applications, such as cleaning shallow pile carpets and hard floors.
Most modern models can be converted from a full-size vac to a handheld unit for added portability and versatility.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners
As the name suggests, they stand in an upright position.
A conventional upright vac has the following parts: cleaning head (containing the brush roll and the motor), canister or dirt collection bin, filter (inside the canister), handle with control buttons, and the lift-away hose for overhead cleaning.
Upright vacs are usually the best for deep carpet cleaning, hard floors, and pet hair removal
They have a brush roll that beats the dirt or hair out of the rugs or carpets so that the airflow can easily suck the dirt/hair into the canister.
The most unique and versatile feature of most upright vacuums is the lift-away wand, which allows you to clean hard to reach places above your head for up to thirteen feet or more.
The last type of vac that you can find under $100 is canister vacuums.
These machines are normally made up of the following parts: a wheeled base unit with the motor inside, a bagged or bagless canister that is attached to the base unit, a wand or hose, and cleaning attachments.
Canister vacs are a good fit for homes that have a variety of floor surfaces, particularly hardwood.
These machines are extremely versatile because their longer hoses or wands help clean stairs and other hard to reach spots around your home.
The best models usually come with a variety of onboard attachments for added versatility.
Bagged or Bagless Vacuums
Once you have decided on a vacuum type that works best for you, the next step you have to take is to decide between a bagged and bagless design.
Both designs are powerful and get the job done. A bagged model works in the traditional way of using a bag as a filter to trap dirt while allowing air to flow through the bag.
On the other hand, bagless vacuums use filters to trap dirt, debris, and allergens in a dust cup.
Bagged models are some of the most performing on the market and great options for allergy sufferers.
But most inexpensive models use conventional bags, which cannot be reused.
For bagless vacuum cleaners, the key feature is convenience. The reusable dust cup is easy to use and wash.
Plus, with bagless cyclonic models, you can even see how your vacuum is working.
Best bagless vacs have a release button for quick and effective dirt disposal.
Another impressive addition to any bagless design is a HEPA filtration system that ensures no dust or allergens escape once trapped.
The overall winner of this roundup is the Nequare Stick Vacuum Cleaner. A heavy-duty 5-in-1 corded vacuum that generates superior suction power.
With its unique 600-watt motor, it provides the most powerful suction available in a stick vacuum.
It has no problems picking up pet hair, dust, debris, food particles, and pet litter.
It is a high-performing bagless vacuum with a good capacity dust cup.
The bagless dustbin is integrated with an H9 level HEPA filter that does not only trap dirt, dust, and allergens but also prevents them from escaping back into the air.
Not to mention that the HEPA filter is washable, reusable, and replaceable.